Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Motivation

I love going running, but sometimes it takes a little something extra to get me out the door, like a friend to meet up with or the promise of a good cup of coffee at the end.

Along these lines, one night last week I made a collage (photo coming) to try to inspire me, then used magic markers and construction paper to create my own Big Sur Marathon countdown calendar. They're both posted next to my bedroom door, you know, to create anxiety and guilt me into running.

So far, so good.

And today I ordered some silly running-themed greeting cards from this neat company Banana Blossom Press that Sonja and I discovered at the Seattle Marathon expo back in November. Now it's just a guessing game on which will come first: the new cards or that fuzzy Big Sur hoodie I ordered earlier in the week.

Sometimes on a cloudy cool morning, having neat shwag makes all the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you searching for?

"So be prepared to quit. Do it willingly and with honest resolve. You'll be back. The marvelous thing about running is that you will never become jaded by it. Boredom, injury or anguish may overtake you from time to time, but the reward that first drew you to begin logging the miles remain untarnished and available -- always. Just put on your shoes and head out the door."